Citroën launches Scrappage Scheme in the UK
• New initiative is fully in line with the PSA Group’s commitment to protect the environment by developing and promoting a range of cleaner vehicles and sustainable mobility solutions
• Incentivises the replacement of pre-2011 registered cars and vans with new Citroën Euro 6 petrol and diesel models
• Up to £6,400 scrappage allowance on selected new Citroën cars (incl. VAT) and up to £7,000 on selected new Citroën panel vans (excl. VAT)
• All qualifying Citroën Scrappage Scheme trade-in vehicles will be recycled
• Citroën’s PureTech 2-litre 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine is “International Engine of the Year” in the 1-litre to 1.4-litre category
• Citroën BlueHDi engines feature the most effective technologies for reducing the emissions of diesel vehicles, including Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and particulate filter technology.
Citroën UK has launched a new scrappage scheme that encourages customers to replace their older, less efficient cars and vans with new, modern and more efficient Euro 6 Citroën models.
Customers who have owned a car or van of any make and model for more than 90 days, which was originally registered before 31 December 2010, can trade it in and receive a scrappage allowance of between £1,600 and £6,400 (incl. VAT) off the price of selected new petrol or diesel-powered Citroën cars, and between £3,000 and £7,000 (excl. VAT) against the purchase price of selected new Citroën panel vans. To qualify for the Citroën Scrappage Scheme, all new Citroën vehicles must be ordered and registered by 31 December 2017.
All vehicles part-exchanged under the scheme will be scrapped and recycled by CarTakeBack™, the Citroën brand’s approved vehicle car recycling partner in the UK.
Vehicles recycled by CarTakeBack™ are treated in an environmentally friendly manner, with all hazardous materials such as oil, batteries and tyres being disposed of responsibly. Processing by CarTakeBack™ will ensure that a DVLA Certificate of Destruction (COD) is issued for every vehicle recycled through the scheme.
The Citroën Scrappage Scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other existing customer offer. However, retail customers will be able to benefit from dedicated Elect 3 PCP finance at 6.9% APR over 37 or 48 months. The Citroën Scrappage Scheme will be marketed nationally and will be available at participating Dealers.
To discover a scrappage allowance of up to £7,000 (excl. VAT) on a Citroën vehicle click here: https://info.citroen.co.uk/offers/citroen-scrappage-scheme/
Bek Hassan, Citroën UK’s Managing Director, said; “The Citroën Scrappage Scheme makes it possible for many owners of older petrol and diesel vehicles to upgrade to a brand new, lower-emissions Citroën car or van. The benefits extend far beyond the range of engines too, the rate of change in terms of driver aids, on-board comfort and connectivity means that renewing a pre-2011 model and moving up to a new Citroën now represents even greater value-for-money. This important new initiative is fully in line with Citroën and PSA Group commitments to develop and promote latest-generation, more efficient models for the benefit of our customers and the environment.”