At the 1932 Paris Motor Show, Citroën presented the 8CV, 10CV and 15CV. The first two replaced the C4, while the third, with its six-cylinder engine, was the natural successor to the C6.
From 1931, following a string of new speed records set by these cars at the Linas-Montlhéry speed ring, all three vehicles quickly gained the nickname of ‘Rosalie’, after the 8CV Rosalie.
In January 1934, Citroën upgraded the vehicles with a new type of bodywork called ‘Nouvel Habillage’ or ‘new trim’. The following May, the vehicles gained torsion bar suspension with independent wheels at the front.
With the launch of the Traction Avant in 1934, the Rosalie vehicles took a back seat. They nevertheless continued their career, equipped with the engines of the 7CV and 11CV, until September 1938, under the names 7UA and 11UA.