Launched 60 years on from the original DS, New DS 5 embodies all of the attributes of the DS brand, combining avant-garde styling with dynamic comfort, delivered through refinement, attention to detail and staging-effect, innovative technology.
Discover subtle body colours to underscore luxury car elegance!
Beautifully styled, comfortable and refined, powered by advanced, high-performance engine technology .... the key elements that deliver the distinctive character of New DS 5.
Immediately distinguishable from front, rear and side, New DS 5 attracts admiring looks wherever it goes.
Integrated twin exhausts accentuate the wide track and denote the prestige and quiet power of the New DS 5.
A vertical grille, integrated perfectly with the DS Wings and sleek headlights, is an essential feature of front end style of New DS 5.
- an assertive, charismatic grille with DS monogram at the centre
- flanked by the DS Wings, an original DS style feature, it gives New DS 5 stature and personality
- an original, sculpted and expressive design is highlighted with chrome to create a distinctive presence.
New DS 5 benefits from the brilliant lighting technology of “DS LED Vision” with:
- directional headlamps combining the power of Xenon and LED modules,
- scrolling indicators - distinctive, clear and efficient,
- LED fog lamps for added safety.
LED based three module headlamps create a unique look both day and night.
Xenon technology helps improve visibility and safety.
A technology that increases safety by improving visibility and convenience.
Innovative and impressive – Head-up Display allows the driver to keep his eyes on the road at all times by projecting essential driving information on a panel in his direct line of vision. The colour Head-up Display panel is also a key ingredient of the visual appeal of New DS 5's interior.
A unique atmosphere is created by light in the cabin to produce a feeling of well-being:
- Light flows in through three light wells but individual closing provides complete control
- The control cluster, colour touch screen and Head-up Display all come to life when the engine is started
- Ambiant lighting in door panels and roof create a soothing cabin atmosphere
High-quality materials help make New DS 5 distinctive and a natural ambassador for the craftsmanship of DS:
- Aluminium touches, high-class control panels, elegant swithches and handles
- Advanced dashboard materials hard-wearing but soft to touch
- Sound-proofing and absorption minimise external noise
New DS 5 offers an exceptional experience.
One of the few cars offering a choice of 3 qualities of leather in eight combinations:
- Grained leather, full-grained Nappa leather, and semi-aniline leather, beautiful quality and rarely used in the automotive world.
- New styling touches the doors and central console, with the DS monogram as the pattern motif and care given to every detail of the car
- New upholstery, with two-tone Mistral Black and Saphire Blue Nappa leather, finished with a watchstrap design unique in the automotive world and found exclusively in the DS range.
An intuitive design makes the 7" touchscreen simple to use.
The touchscreen allows the fascia and central console to be streamlined and simplified, creating more storage space for greater convenience.
The latest equipment and new connected services.
The innovative colour head-up display projects essential driving information onto a transparent panel in the driver's direct line of vision.
New DS 5 offers blind spot monitoring, a state-of-the-art safety feature providing increased visibility for the driver. A symbol lights up in either door mirror to warn the driver that a car or motorcycle is present in the blind spot.
DS Connect, a secure system operating with an integrated SIM card. Used to make local emergency and assistance calls.
The second-generation lane departure warning system is available in New DS 5, providing the driver with a warning vibration if the car leaves its lane.
The reversing camera sends a colour image to the 7" touchscreen. The driver can then use coloured visual guides to reverse safely.
By improving the grip of the tyres and reducing wheelspin, this system helps initial movement on slippery surfaces.
Via a mini camera built into the windscreen, the main beam headlights on New DS 5 are switched on and off automatically according to the light and driving conditions.
The keyless access and start system on New DS 5 recognises the key as the driver approaches the car. Touch a door handle and the door opens, then simply push the start button to start the engine.
When cornering at low speeds (up to 40 km/h), the fog lights project an extra beam of light on the inside of the corner to improve visibility.
The tyre pressure monitoring system checks tyre pressure continually during driving to detect any under-inflation that could adversely impact the stability of the vehicle and the safety of the driver and passengers.
New DS 5 is spacious but compact.
Its dimensions :4.53 m long, 1.85 m wide and 1.51 m high.
- Nimble and responsive performance;
- Lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
New DS 5 has surprising modularity: The seat bottoms in the rear lift up easily for a completely flat floor and can be removed for an even longer load area.
When it comes to storage and boot volume, the New DS 5 is very generous:
- Boot volume under the shelf: 468 litres VDA;
- Two hooks on each side of the boot can be used to fasten light bags or other articles that need to be secured during transport;
- A 6-litre glovebox that can hold everyday items securely;
- A 13-litre central console with USB connection for mobile devices and a spacious, refrigerated compartment;
New DS 5 boasts a very-high-quality Denon HiFi system, including:
- 2 extra speakers (one centre speaker and one sub-woofer in the boot)
- 6 high-peformance speakers that greatly improve sound quality in the cabin
Music lovers will enjoy the depth, purity and sharpness of sound in this system.