Citroën Advanced Comfort Showcased in a New Social Media Campaign For 2020
- Citroën has launched a series of five advertising films directed by Éric Judor
- The light-hearted episodes illustrate how hard it is to leave the comfort of a Citroën
- For each film, one of the brand’s models is placed in a surprising situation where the occupants prefer to stay in their vehicle, rather than participating in an activity that would normally require them to leave their car
- The models presented in these films are: C3 Aircross Compact SUV, New C5 Aircross SUV, C3, C4 Cactus Hatch and Berlingo
- The various episodes in this campaign – entitled: “It isn’t easy to leave the comfort of a Citroën” – will be broadcast across social media over the course of the year to support the brand activations.
Since 2016, Citroën has focused on launching new models that stand out from the crowd with their unique design and incomparable comfort. Comfort is the cornerstone of any new model, thanks to the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which creates a true cocoon effect on-board. Comfort features vary across the range, and include Progressive Hydraulic Cushion® suspension, Advanced Comfort seats, smooth steering, clever acoustics, mood lighting, extensive connectivity and numerous storage compartments. The brand’s modern and uniquely comfortable range has enjoyed massive success, with Citroën delivering above market growth of +2.4% in a UK car market that was down -2.4% in 2019.
Citroën’s renowned comfort lies at the centre of five episodes directed by Éric Judor. Three situations have been created that show how difficult it is for the occupants to pry themselves from the comfort of their Citroën to do things that are normally done outside of a vehicle. These include:
- The estate agent: an estate agent who is sitting so comfortably in her New Citroën C5 Aircross SUV or C4 Cactus that she conducts viewings while remaining behind the wheel
- The car wash: a family tries to wash their car through the windows of their Citroën Berlingo or C3
- The camp fire: a group of surfers toasting marshmallows while staying in their Citroën C3 Aircross Compact SUV
The new humorous approach did not worry Éric Judor: “Advertisers have often been wary of venturing into this field [humour], as they fear that humour will overpower the brand itself, and that in the end the spectator will laugh more than feel compelled to make a purchase. I think just the opposite. The most striking ads of my youth were precisely those that were daring, funny and therefore memorable.”
Éric Judor concluded: “The five Citroën storylines immediately spoke to me. I liked the slight touch of silliness exhibited by these short stories. The comedy and the thin layer of absurdity are both there, and I am very proud of the finished product.”
The campaign is live now on the brand’s social media channels in the UK.
Watch the film for New C5 Aircross SUV here:
Watch the rest of the campaign on YouTube here :