DS Celebrates its 60th Anniversary at Rétromobile
For 2015, its first year as a brand in its own right, DS will be at the 40th Rétromobile show in Paris (France), celebrating the 60th anniversary of the original 1955 DS.
From the 4th to 8th February 2015, car lovers will enjoy a stroll around the DS stand at the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Centre in Paris, for an enthralling look back at the DS legend. The DS exhibition, organized with precious support from the Amicales Citroën* associations along with DS and SM** enthusiasts' clubs, will include five prestige period models plus one of the latest arrivals to the DS brand line-up, the DS3 Cabrio, in its Ultra Prestige version.
Thanks to the invaluable support from Citroën enthusiasts' clubs, there will be five exceptional histroic cars on show, providing visitors with a fabulous insight into the exceptional heritage that inspires today's DS brand in its quest to offer customers the very best in design, technology, comfort, driving experience, quality materials and outstanding attention to detail. The stars of the show are:
- DS 19 (1959), in its original configuration, with grey-rosé body, aubergine roof, and royal blue interior. This model, adapted for export to Germany, features an engine temperature gauge on the dashboard plus an FM/LW radio. The three-main-bearing engine is coupled through a four-speed gearbox with hydraulic control.
- DS 21 Cabriolet (1968), with hydraulic-control gearbox. The superb finish on this exceptionally elegant model extends to red leather upholstery, contrasting with the Carrare white body and black bonnet.
- DS 20 Pallas (1973), a top-end luxury model featuring tobacco leather upholstery, beige Tholonet bodywork, tinted windows and even a sunroof. The 1985 cm3 engine is mated to a hydraulic-control four-speed synchromesh gearbox.
- SM Coupé (1971), previously owned by King Hassan II of Morocco. This model features metal beige paintwork, special registration plates, natural leather upholstery, air conditioning, Continental Edison hi-fi radio specific to this model, tinted windows and foglamps. The engine is a Maserati V6.
- SM Coupé (1972), a first-hand model with Scarabée brown body and light brown upholstery. In addition to the self-levelling hydraulic suspension, similar to that on the DS, this car also boasts Citroën's innovative DIRAVI “power-assisted return” steering, for exceptional driveability.
- Alongside these emblematic historic cars, visitors will also be able to admire a DS3 Cabrio Ultra Prestige, boasting the same genetic make-up as the groundbreaking avant-garde DS and SM models.
Rétromobile opened to the public on Wednesday 4 February 2015. The DS showroom is in Hall 1.
*The Amicales Citroën organizations comprise L’Amicale des Clubs Citroën France and L’Amicale Citroën Internationale, associations whose mission is to coordinate the operations of enthusiasts' clubs with the Citroën and DS brands.
**The clubs contributing to Rétromobile 2015 are: DS ID Club de France, Idéale DS France, DS Club Révolution 55, Le Monde de la DS, SM Club de France, Euro SM Club, and Club automobile André Citroën.