In 1955, the Citroën workshops produced a visionary masterpiece: the Citroën DS 19
Launched in 1938 on an initiative from Pierre Boulanger to replace the Traction Avant in the long term, the VGD project culminated 17 years later in the launch of the DS 19 in October 1955. Three men in particular were involved in the design and development of the new model:
• The first person was André Lefèbvre, a trained aeronautical engineer,
• The second, Paul Magès, a self-taught engineer, who was the creator of the hydraulics system.
• The third, An Italian man called Flaminio Bertoni, a stylist, sculptor and talented painter, who worked with his team to give the DS its revolutionary and elegant body styling.
Several versions of the DS 19 were launched over the course of the 1950s. The first was the ID 19 in October 1956, followed by the estate versions and the DS 19 Prestige in 1958.
The DS 19 enjoyed a highly international success. As a symbol of French elegance and avant-garde, the car was exported across the world.
Officially created on 1st June 2014, DS became a brand in its own right and affirmed its ambition: to embody in the automotive industry the French luxury know-how.
The French automobile brand DS is built on an exceptional heritage, that of the DS 19 born just 60 years ago. This legendary car conveys the values of innovation, excellence and avant-garde.
In 2015, the brand celebrated 60 years of the original DS and, at the Geneva Motor Show, revealed its signature ‘DS AUTOMOBILES, SPIRIT OF AVANT-GARDE’, its new logo and the DS 5 with the new DS Wings ' front grille.
DS cars of today combine remarkable style and technology, comfort and energy, noble materials and sophistication.
Incredibly modern, impertinent and personalised, the Citroen DS3 and Citroen DS3 Cabrio made an impression as soon as they appeared in 2010.
In 2016, DS 3 and DS 3 Cabrio launched. The DS range is now complete and becomes perfectly autonomous removing all signs of its relationship with Citroën and building a strong identity.
Citroën DS4 was presented at the end of 2010 and combined the performance, exclusive design and compact dimensions of a coupé with the versatility and space of a saloon.
In 2015, the DS 4 hatchback and DS 4 Crossback models were launched :
• DS 4 is the premium hatchback that delivers pleasant driving sensations.
• DS 4 Crossback is aimed at customers looking for 'urban and extra-urban adventure’
· DS 4 is the premium hatchback that delivers pleasant driving sensations.
· DS 4 Crossback is aimed at customers looking for 'urban and extra-urban adventure’
Presented in 2011, innovative and visionary , Citroën DS5 fitted perfectly with the brands signature ' Creative Technologie ' and offered even more architectural assertiveness in style terms of, sensations and refinement.
At the Geneva motorshow 2015, DS entered a new era of the spirit of avant-garde and revealed DS 5 – the brand’s flagship model – boasting the DS brands identity features, such as the new front end, called DS Wings.
With its avant-garde styling, dynamic performance, refinement, attention to detail, and cutting-edge technologies, the DS 5 features all the attributes of current and forthcoming DS car.