New Citroën Berlingo Van: Designed For All Uses And Dedicated To Comfort
Launched in 1996 and produced in over 1.5 million units, the iconic Citroën Berlingo light commercial vehicle, dedicated to professionals, is now available in its third-generation version, called Citroën Berlingo Van. New Citroën Berlingo Van makes a true generational leap in terms of styling and equipment. Robust and fully consistent with the Brand’s identity, it gains new features for extra comfort and modularity. Designed for all uses, and adapted to all professions, the new model is available in two sizes, M and XL, and becomes closest to customer needs with 2 versions “Worker” and “Driver” according to philosophy and use thanks to their ground clearance, equipment levels or protection components.
With New Berlingo (passenger car) already scheduled to arrive in UK dealerships over the coming months, Citroën has now unveiled New Berlingo Van, the third-generation LCV version of Berlingo, aimed at a wide range of fleet, business and professional users.
AN ICONIC MODEL WITH AN ASSERTIVE AND MODERN PERSONALITY
Having invented the first van with an integrated load area, Citroën is continuing its success story with a vehicle that is more modern than ever. New Berlingo Van possesses a unique body design and strong styling for all professions and trades.
• The new model has a robust and reinforced character. The body styling has changed, with a more forward set windscreen, a higher and shorter front end and a shorter front overhang, achieved notably through the adoption of the EMP2 platform.
• The design at the front ensures extra protection and is consistent with the Citroën brand identity.
• The new van boasts flowing body styling with a tough and functional appearance at the rear.
• The interior, specifically designed for a range of professional users, adds practicality. The modern dashboard layout is fully equipped with numerous useful in-vehicle technologies.
‘BESPOKE’ COMFORT: A VAN DESIGNED FOR ALL PURPOSES
‘Inspired By Pro’, the brand signature dedicated to Citroën’s Light Commercial Vehicles, clearly indicates that New Citroën Berlingo Van is the ideal partner for all professional businesses and trades.
• New Berlingo Van offers a bespoke solution to a broad range of requirements with two sizes, M and XL, measuring 4.40m and 4.75m long respectively.
• Two dedicated versions - ‘Worker’ and ‘Driver’ - are available to suit different customer needs. The versions vary in terms of specification, with differing ground clearance, engine protection and equipment levels.
• The Extenso® Cab offers class leading versatility and modularity, seating three people in row one. The Crew Van allows up to five people to travel in rows one and two.
• New Berlingo Van features the most intelligent design to simplify everyday life, with excellent access via 180° opening rear doors. New Berlingo Van also features sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle, useful storage spaces and a record payload of up to 1,000kg. The new van maintains the same width between the rear wheel arches (1.23m) for the easy loading of euro pallets.
COMFORT IN A VAN WITH THE BEST CONTEMPORARY FEATURES
New Berlingo Van holds its own against many passenger cars with exceptional ride comfort and optimal safety, through:
• Suspension settings that benefit from Citroën's know-how for peerless comfort.
• The use of the EMP2 platform at the front of the vehicle, for improved handling and the latest-generation technologies.
• 20 driver assistance systems that make everyday life easier. Features include an Overload Indicator and a Surround Rear Vision system, both are firsts in the LCV segment. Colour Head-up Display, Automatic Electronic Parking Brake, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop Function and Active Safety Brake are available, along with four connectivity technologies, including Citroën Connect Nav and Wireless Smartphone Charging.
• Latest-generation engines that are strong on performance and efficiency: BlueHDi 1.5 diesel, PureTech 1.2 petrol, and the introduction of the EAT8 automatic gearbox.