Citroën To Launch Fully Electric e-Dispatch In 2020
- Citroen Dispatch will come in fully electric versions, to be called e-Dispatch, from Autumn 2020
- Two levels of travel range will be offered: 124 miles or 186 miles*
- 100% of the Groupe PSA LCV range and their passenger car equivalents will be electrified by 2021
Xavier Peugeot, Senior Vice-President of Groupe PSA’s Light Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, said: “Groupe PSA is pushing ahead with the electrification of its LCV range by offering electric versions of compact vans for business and individual customers. Without compromising on features, the range will help strengthen our leadership in this segment in Europe. In 2021, our entire range of LCVs and their passenger car equivalents will be electrified.”
Since 2019, all new models launched by Groupe PSA come with either all-electric or plug-in hybrid powertrains. The aim is for the Group’s entire passenger car and LCV range to be electrified by 2025.
In an increasingly urbanized environment, Groupe PSA’s new generation of compact vans has been designed around the EMP2 multi-energy platform to offer zero-CO2 mobility for individuals (passenger car versions) and freight (commercial vehicle versions), responding in particular to the development of e-commerce activities.
Groupe PSA leads the LCV segment in Europe, with a 24.7% market share in the first half of 2019. The new all-electric offering will address a key challenge, allowing Groupe PSA to win new market share in this segment.
The all-electric versions of the four brands’ compact vans will be assembled at the Hordain plant in northern France and equipped with electric powertrains assembled at the Trémery plant in the country’s east. The electric versions will offer two levels of travel range:
- 124 miles* on the WLTP cycle equipped with a 50 kilowatt/hour battery
- 186 miles* on the WLTP cycle equipped with a 75 kilowatt/hour battery
*WLTP cycle data currently being validated